Online Class - Coupons 101

Wednesday, March 03, 2010


First off, I do not know everything there is to know about coupons. I have been using coupons and stockpiling sale items for over a year now to help my family meet our budget. I also use coupons to acquire free or inexpensive items to give to our church food pantry.


I teach coupon classes for free at my church. I've been teaching them for over 9 months now. I LOVE teaching these coupon classes. It's a lot of fun to have the freedom of rambling on and on and on and (you get the idea)... about something that you love so much. It's a great opportunity for me to help others to learn a bit about saving on their groceries too. I made up an outline myself to teach my class and put it into a PowerPoint presentation. (At this time, due to size and other reasons, I am not emailing my presentation anywhere. Sorry!) Over 50+ people have been through my classes and have found coupons to be an effective way to save money and feed their family.

I'm taking these posts straight from my outline, going in a bit more detail for each section (like I would discuss things during a class) and also trying to make this not specific to one region as much as possible. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will answer them either in the comments or adjust the post. I might even gather all the questions into another post to answer them there.

Here is what I intend to cover in this "online" coupon class:

Normally this is broken down into two classes but seeing as this will be a series of posts, it shouldn't be too bad. I will attempt to keep the posts short, sweet and to the point for easy reading too. :) We will see how well that goes. :)

This is something that I really love doing and I hope that by sharing it online I will be able to reach further than just those I teach in person. I REALLY hope it helps someone out there at least. :)



7 comments:

debi9kids said...

I wish i could find coupons that i could actually use. It's very rare that i ever find any :(
Well done saving for yourself though and for teaching others how to do it.

Dee said...

Sometimes it can be challenging to find coupons for the products you shop the most. Let me encourage you, that savings can be found... there just might be more searching involved. :)

Have you called in to the manufacturers of the products you use most? Even calling in to tell them that you love their stuff can result in getting coupons.

Take care and Happy shopping!
Dee

Jennifer Young said...

I'm a huge couponer myself. Good for you for sharing your knowledge and skills with others. What a great ministry!

JessieLeigh said...

What a great thing to share! I *finally* found another frugalista to hang with here in my ritzy corner of CT. (Can you see me roll my eyes a bit?) So nice to be able to share deal ideas with someone!

Nashville TV Show said...

Coming over from TILT. Great idea!! Looking forward to it:)

loretta said...

I want to start a coupon class any ideas of were to start and what to do?

WishfulMe said...

@Loretta I would recommend checking out my "How to Start A Coupon Class" series located here: http://startdreaming.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-teach-coupon-class.html

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha