Garden Harvest and Overgrowth

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I am at that point in my garden again. The point where everything has just gone wild. WILD! I can’t even find my veggies in the jungle, the bee’s are checking everything out so much that I am too nervous to even look and I can’t tell if I’m messing with a weed or the actual plant anyway. SIGH!

IMAG0477
IMAG0478
I am excited to find not one but around *4* watermelon growing in my little watermelon patch.
IMAG0481I also cannot wait for Hubby to dig in the eggplant to pull those gems. There is one that is almost too big to be anything but a great conversation piece! EEP!

My FAVORITE veggies from my harvest the other day is my perfect Cherry Stuffer Peppers. Are they not the cutest things EVER?!
IMAG0497
LOVE them! And we did use up and enjoy almost all the other veggies. Intend to use up those cute little cukes today with lunch. Egg salad and seasoned cukes go really good together. YUM!
IMAG0496
Have serious tomato issues. Blossom rot and lack of good watering. The new ones developing now are doing much better with the good rain we’ve been getting.Tuesday Garden Party
What are you harvesting?

This post is linked up to:
An Oregon Cottage – Tuesday Garden Party



6 comments:

daisy g said...

Beautiful bounty. That watermelon looks fantastic!

debra said...

harvesting some tomatoes last week resulted in yummy spaghetti sauce this past weekend :)

You've got alot going on there...all looks wonderful!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Hi Dee: We are eating quite a bit of salad and the first of the green beans from the garden. Still have blackberries as well. Waiting not so patiently for the tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, eggplant and peppers--hopefully not too much longer! Your garden looks very productive--glad to hear you are enjoying tomatoes and peppers, and those watermelon look fantastic. Take care, and have a wonderful week!

~TastyTravels~ said...

Beautiful harvest! Love the watermelons!

priscilla said...

Those peppers are adorable ! Too cute to eat :)

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Wow, those watermelons look great! My tomatoes really like the even moisture that occurs with the soaker-and-plastic-mulch-system. Maybe a plan for next year? :)

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha