Granola Recipe

Monday, May 07, 2012

If yer here just for the granola recipe, scroll on down and check it out. You can also muddle through all my gibberish about my meal plan below and get there too.

I am so excited to actually HAVE a meal plan that I am not sure what to do with it. I think I need to frame it. It's been quite awhile since I've put one together. It's not that I don't know how or want to. I just have not done it. So weird that something that could help me so much is continually not getting done.

Breakfast:
Will include homemade oatmeal, granola from the recipe below, muffins, cereal, etc

Lunch:
I think this may be more difficult then dinner plans. Can we just skip this meal? No? Rats... Usually there's sandwiches, quesadillas, wraps, soup, etc

Dinner:
Shepherds Pie
Easy Spaghetti (very unlike my Cheese Stuffed Meatballs with Pasta but still yummy!)
Fried Rice - a NEW idea (for me) from a Pin
Chicken and Noodles (made as dumplings from another Pin)
Mac n Cheese

I have a few days that I will be with or at my parents so I will mooch a bit.

Now on to the Granola Recipe that we LOVE for breakfast or a quick snack. I suppose I should note that I don't follow recipes. Sometimes it's because I can't wait to make them and never seem to have all the ingredients needed on hand. Hehehe... Impatient cook here.

GranolaOvenJan2012

Could you mess up granola?!

GranolaOvenJan2012a

Here is a rough estimate of my recipe:
    4 cups uncooked oats
    1 cups chopped nuts (pecans, almonds and walnuts)
    1 cups dried fruit (I used raisins and cranberries)
    1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar (add or subtract as you see fit)
    2 Tbsp cinnamon (could really use more even... never enough)
    1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla
    1/4 cup local honey
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together first and add others. Stir well. Bake 20-30 min depending on your oven. I bake until it smells good and appears crispy... hehe... real scientific like.

You can also add wheat germ, flax seed, misc leftover other cereals, banana chips, dried apples, chia seed, etc. The sky is the limit! It depends on how clumpy you like your granola to be is all. If you add more seed, add more honey or syrup. You can even adjust it by removing the syrup and only using honey or maybe adding pumpkin spice or something else with it all. Granola to me is play time.

I would recommend NOT baking the dried fruit at all or at least not as long as the other goodies. I loved the way this baked in my round pans. It was also easier to flip that way.

The original recipes I gathered from are on my Pinterest Board - Morning Eats

Yummmmmm!



1 comments:

Donna said...

The meatballs and granola sound wonderful!

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha