At Least we are Happy

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My kids are learning patience at very young ages. I am teaching it to them. You may think that I am modeling patience to them by being patient with them, right? Nope. Sadly, this is not the case. They are learning patience because they are being patient with me. I am still learning how to be a parent and because they are my only kids. Do you see where this is going? My kids are so patient with me.

Last Sunday morning, as with almost every Sunday morning, I was trying so hard. I was trying to get all of us out the door and to church on time. I’d love to enjoy all of the Sunday morning worship! It would be so nice to get to church at peace with the morning. Not me though. Somewhere between the upstairs and downstairs or maybe the garage to the car? I have not located it yet, but there is a time warp in my house. I promise! I could have an hour to get somewhere, have us all dressed, have everyone fed, shoes ON even and we will still be 10-30min late. Every time. Am I alone in this?!

At any rate, last Sunday I did succeed at one thing. I did not yell. I am terrible at it! I loose my cool and I become a barking drill Sergeant. My poor little flight tries their best, they really do, but I let it all out on them. So when I stated (without yelling mind you) that once again, we were late to church. My second child responded with complete sincerity, “but at least we are happy!”

They are so patient with me! I’m still learning guys! I’m so sorry I’m such a crazy person when we need to get somewhere on time.



1 comments:

Amy said...

At least I'm not the only one rushing around like a mad woman on Sunday mornings.
And your little one has a very good point...better to be late and happy than on time and sad! Good for me to remember!

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha