Summer, TSA and Hot Air Balloons

Friday, July 22, 2011

HotAirBalloon1This week has been busy. Overly busy at times. I feel very behind in what I nee to get done, but I am getting things done. For that I’m thankful!

One fun thing we did last week was to check out a hot air balloon event! Took all the kids (even some cousins) and hung out in the sweltering heat for more hours than we should have. Hehehe… It was all worth it in the end though. I have more details and pictures below.

At any rate, I’m ready for some fun on my blog and time to relax with the family this weekend. Have a few big plans for family dinners and time to play with cousins for the kids. Should be nice! Fully intend to stay INDOORS or in water as much as possible. This heat is making us all wilt!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the questions to your blog post, answer them, then link your answers to My Little Life!

1. If your husband had the BIG V and you got pregnant what would your first reaction be?
My FIRST reaction? -> You have GOT to be KIDDING me!

We have had many miscarriages throughout our journey of becoming parents and it would be just our luck to have this happen after we’ve made the decision that we should be done.

Cruel joke.

HEHHEHEHEHE!

My second reaction would be a mixture of excitement and fear. :)

2. Best memory about this summer so far.
Hmmm… Playing with the kids? Watching the kids jump in a small pool full of water on the trampoline has been awesome! We’ve also had fun at splash pad parks, zoo and other small trips around our area. I like being unrushed and have time with family. Those make the best memories!

3. How often do you change your sheets? Your kids sheets?
I plead the fifth!

Seriously… bed sheets are one of (shhhh!) my neglected chore. I am terrible about washing beds. I refuse to state in written form how few times they are changed. Ergh…

4. Having just gone through TSA, would you rather have a full-body scan or a pat-down?
Scan. Scan me and laugh! Keep your hands to yourself. I don’t care who you are… this is me and I’m not used to being handled.

Moving on… that whole idea gets me all riled up….

5. Since it is fair time...what's your favorite fair (county or state) memory?
We don’t do a lot of fairs, but recently we went to a hot air balloon festival. I think it was a festival at least. Not sure on that….

At any rate, it was hot. So hot and so dusty. Down right miserable…. until the balloons starting showing up on the horizon. Just one at first and than more.
HotAirBalloonThe wind picked some up and carried them off. One rose to amazing heights in the sky and a skydiver JUMPED from the balloon!
HotAirBalloon2Most went right over were we all stood in awe, gaping at them. Their goal was to toss something from their balloon and get closest to the target.

Wow…
HotAirBalloon4I’m terrified of heights so I could NEVER be found in one of these. But taking pictures of them while my feet are safely planted on the ground? Even hot and miserably covered in dust? Sure! It was fun!!!
HotAirBalloon3



2 comments:

Amanda Z said...

Totally agree about TSA! No touchy! haha Love the 5QF! : )

Sarah said...

I had to laugh at the sheet response. I wouldn't want to admit that one either :)

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha