Enormous Ant

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I was completely floored when I found this ant high stepping it across my back patio. And being the crazy Mom I am, I had to catch it to show the kids. Hehe… Hubbie (because I was NOT opening that jar again) let it go in the field across from our house.

Considering it’s size though, I doubt it would take it long to find it’s way back.
(shudders)

HugeAnt

This picture really doesn’t do this ant justice. I wonder what our Praying Mantis would think of this ant? Or better yet, the Magnificent Beast I found in the garage. Should I be worried about what is going on around my house? Giant bugs everywhere?! EEP!

I am linking this NEVER Wordless Wednesday post to:
5 Minutes for Mom
It's a Blog Party Bloghop!
Dagmar's Momsense
Crazy About my Baybah

I wonder if I will ever have a true wordless post? Hmm… Maybe that should be a goal…



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks EXACTLY like the one that "dive-bombed" me yesterday when I was outside. I couldn't believe the size. I didn't think it was an ant tho.......it flew and hit my hand so I naturally shook it off, it hit the garage floor, and then acted like it was "stunned" or injured or something. I wanted to save this one too, to show my husband, but when I went to show him, the bug was gone. I have no clue what it was.

I am Harriet said...

It's really kind of ugly. Good thing it was outside of your home.

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is way to big for my comfort, LOL! Love that you caught it to show the kiddos.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com
PS - we have a frozen ice cube containing a scorpian in the freezer.

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha