Needles, Santa and Blankie-jama’s… Oh my!

Friday, November 12, 2010

I believe I have been good this week on not getting stuck in a Meme so I will reward myself with one of my all time fav Meme’s, Five Q Friday! I can’t help it. This week was pretty stressful anyway so I thought this would be a great way to wind down… and than… I read/answered the questions. WOW! This week was not an easy, relaxing, fun week of questions.

Are you doing this Meme too? Let me know in a comment… I’ll hop on over. 

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then link your answers to My Little Life!

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Just in case it’s not known… I have four children. You know that right? Well, okay, if you know that then I can tell you the most physically painful things that have happened to me have nothing to do with the contractions that come with the birthing experience. It’s actually the IV being put in or blood drawn. I cannot tolerate needles AT ALL and completely freak out about them right in the middle of full blown labor. Yah… that’s me… breath breath breath breath… contraction subsides so I doze off to sleep. Needle coming at me and there is screaming, yelling, pleading and all sorts of crazy business going on. Sigh… I don’t think I can have anymore children due to my unfounded fear of needles.

That may not be the worst moment for me though. I really think my most physically painful moment is when I have had to hand over my seizing child to the care of complete stranger EMS. That still pains me. Even though I know and knew they were there to help. That was hard. More on that later.

2. How much sleep do you get at night?
Umm… remember how many kids I have? Hehehe… I’m good if I can get in 5 hours of broken sleep. Looking forward to the day of getting more, but I think that will be awhile yet. Someday, maybe… right? Oh let me keep my dreams!

3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?
I really don’t remember. Santa wasn’t a big figure in our household that I can recall. My Hubbie tried to have Santa happen in our house here, but last year I blew it when in a moment of distraction my oldest asked me, “Is Rudolph real?” And I responded, “I’m sorry, no, it’s just a really fun story. Umm… wait, what? What did you ask?” And in my mind: rats rats rats rats rats Of course with the discovery that Rudolph was just a story, my smart child put two-and-two together and realized Santa fell into the same "story" category.

I broke Hubbie’s heart later breaking the news to him about my blunder. I swore my oldest to secrecy but I’m pretty sure our second caught on right around that time too. Hubbie has two more to share the fun story with though.

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
What’s a theater? Hehe… I rarely make it out to see a movie in a theater. Let’s face it, I RARELY make it out without children in tow. We are going to be going to my church tonight though! They will have a monthly movie night at our church and tonight is Toy Story 3! I’ve not seen it yet so excited and apprehensive to go. I’ve heard so many mixed reviews.

As for the theater, I’m thinking I was pregnant the last time I went. Not sure. Hubbie and I always seem to find ourselves in a theater at least once when I am pregnant. Why? Because I love the idea of missing 30 min of the movie waddling to the restrooms every 20 min of course! Why else do you go to a theater when pregnant? Sigh…

5. What do you wear to bed?
Umm… pajamas? Or is that not the “in” thing to wear anymore? I kinda figured it’s bedtime and night clothing is what you wear? Hehe… Really though… we wear pajama’s around here. Unless you are my toddler. My toddler is obsessed with “blankie-jama’s.”

What are blankie-jama’s you ask?

Why they are pajama’s with the fun, cute little footies on them! We are having difficulties finding them in the right size anymore though. Might have to phase them out someday. Summer time is a challenge at bedtime too because it’s just not blankie-jama weather. I need to always cuddle me some blankie-jama dressed children. 



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment you left on my last post. It's nice to hear someone else has the same kind of feelings as I do.

I got a kick out of you blowing the Santa story. I have told me youngest the truth a few times but she refuses to believe me. She cracks me up.

Anyways, I'm glad I visited. I think I am going to try my hand at this meme. :)

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha