Guilt, Neighbors and No Fear

Friday, September 10, 2010

Yay!! Five Q Friday from My Little Life! And I actually REMEMBERED this week. Here’s the questions for you to use too. Be sure to link up with My Little Life after you answer the questions.

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?
2. How well do you know your neighbors?
3. What age are you looking forward to being?
4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?
5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?
Yes, of course. Isn’t that the right of a mom to feel guilty about any money being spent on ME? Sigh… sometimes I wish I didn’t, but I generally always do. Even if I tell you that I am excited about buying something and saved up for it, I will still feel the guilt after buying it.

2. How well do you know your neighbors?
Too well. My Hubbie is the President of the neighborhood association and let me tell you a secret: I want to MOVE! I don’t know if I’d want to stay if he hadn’t been the President of the association or not though. I guess we will never know. I thought I’d always wanted to live in a nice neighborhood with the tree lined streets, sidewalks and hoards of kids. Not so anymore because the kids come with their adults and we don’t know how to play nice. Hehe…

3. What age are you looking forward to being?
I guess I never thought about it before. I never liked change growing up so being the age I am now kinda blows my mind. I’m fine with moving forward in age these days, just wish my kids would slow down. I’ve earned my age these days, I think I’ll keep going that way. :)

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?
Yes!!! I always hope there is something amazing in there for me. The day in age when we sent letters instead of email should be revived! I love letters… who has the time though? HAHAHA Catch 22

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?
I have a few… my most momentous memory is of when I was three or four years old. My parents had taken me to a play for Easter and it was a reenactment of Jesus crucifixion. (Now I dunno if I would take a three or four year old to something like this?! But… ah well…)

I remember we were sitting on concrete steps, there were yellow lines and poles around. It was an outdoor theater. I remember the blue cloudless sky on a really beautiful day. It really was a pretty Spring day with a slight breeze and all. I don’t remember the entire play but I remember the point in time where Jesus is being put on the cross in the play. I don’t remember exactly what I said but I still remember feeling the anxiety of the moment. I jumped out of my seat and ran down the steps yelling, “Stop! Don’t do it again!” or something down those lines. My Dad had to catch me and explain to me that it was just an actor. It wasn’t really happening again. I don’t remember that conversation though, just that small snippet of the play.

It’s been awhile since I thought about it too. Wild what children will understand, even at a young age! I wonder what everyone else thought of me in doing that too? If I were older, I doubt I would have responded that way to it all. I think I prefer that I was younger and did not have a fear of embarrassment to respond like I did though. Wouldn’t it be nice if we as adults could still have the lack of fear that three year olds have? In some respects I think it would…

On that note… I feel a bit more reflective for this weekend. I want to go hug my kids. Maybe they should be allowed to see a play like this too.

Take care!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha