Meal Plan Monday

Monday, March 15, 2010


I'm trying to get back out in the kitchen! After being on (modified) bed rest and now with a newborn, I am out of practice making dinner. Finding a new style for cooking is tough, but I am trying! :) Basically I know that most of my energy is in the morning, so I plan to get all my "cooking" and mixing done by lunch and finish it all up at dinner. By 2pm I am too worn out to begin a whole dinner.

Monday
Shepherd's Pie

I already have the meat cooked. Need to the potatoes done so that by dinner it's just a matter of putting it all together and bake.


Tuesday
My mom made this a lot as I was growing up. I'm sure she came up with the recipe just using whatever she had on hand. We love it and I give this meal to new mom's because of it's universal appeal but it's bland enough for a nursing mom. (Note: This recipe is excellent as a freezer casserole too!)

Chicken Rice
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes

4 1/2 cups rice, instant, brown or white
1 bag mixed vegetables (16 ounce)
1 chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1.    Preheat over to 350
2.    Prepare rice as directed on box.
3.    Cook chicken until juices run clear.
4.    Add vegetables and cream of chicken to rice with 1/2 can of water (or milk).
5.    Chop chicken to as small of pieces as you'd like.
6.    Add chicken to rice mixture and stir until mixed well.
7.    Spread mix in an oven safe pan and top with cheese.
8.    Bake 20-30 min or until golden brown.
9.    Let stand 5 min and serve.


Wednesday
Chicken Salad Sandwiches from The Girl Who Ate Everything
We will be using Hawaiian Bread Snacker Buns!


Thursday
Leftovers

Friday
Hamburgers (on the grill?! oooo...)

Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
Picnic Sandwich <-Might change... too many sandwich style items this week. Hehehe...

Check out MORE great Meal Plan ideas at: I'm an Organizing Junkie - http://orgjunkie.com/



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha