Meal Plan Monday - With more Chicken!

Monday, March 22, 2010


Week 2 of getting back in the kitchen with Baby home. Amazingly enough this week Baby is 1 month 1 week old! So yah... takes me a month to get back to somewhat normal activities after a baby comes. OH and another amazing thing: Last week I already started on THIS week's meals! Shocking, eh?

Monday
Homemade Veggie Soup

My Hubbie makes the BEST veggie soup EVER! Love it!!! I already have the chicken broth started from boiling chicken LAST week. Wooowho!

Tuesday
Chicken Twist
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 cup bell pepper (orange) chopped
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 8 ounce Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten (whoops!)
2 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degree

2. Chop chicken and bell pepper; place in mixing bowl with frozen vegetables.

3. Add shredded cheese mayonnaise and salt to vegetable mix; mix gently.

4. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of the Rectangle Stone or greased baking sheet. Repeat with other package of dough. Seal perforations. On longest side of stone or baking sheet, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart and 3 inches deep. (Leave 6 inches in the center for filling.)

5. Spread filling evenly over middle of dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.

6. Brush egg over dough (I ALWAYS forget this!) and sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.

Wednesday
Pot Roast

Thursday
Leftovers

Friday
Easy Pocket Pizza's

Saturday
Chicken Pot Pie

Sunday
Leftovers

Check out MORE great Meal Plan ideas at: I'm an Organizing Junkie - orgjunkie.com



4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ooh, care to share your hubby's veggie soup recipe? My MIL makes a good basic soup, which I make sometimes but my husband doesn't like veggie soup (or veggies in general for the most part lol) so I end up making the whole batch for myself!

Anonymous said...

Yah know, I just found out tonight that he does not HAVE a recipe!!! The boy just whips something up and uses a crockpot.

Grrr...

I will try to have him pin down a basic recipe though. :)

Tiffany said...

haha my husband does that too! He likes to make "his own" BBQ sauce, which is just store-bought sauce that he..well, makes better (lol), but he just takes all the spices out of the cabinet and adds whatever he feels like adding. It's always *so* good though!

He does it with mashed potatoes too. He's a lot braver with the herbs and spices than I am. I like to know what the spices tastes like/works with before I put it into something.. but not him! lol

Honey said...

Hi,

I love the look of your Chicken Braid. I was trying to figure out how to do a eggfree, dairyfree version (we have allergies).

Your menu sounds great.

Blessings
Honey

Bles

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha