Learning Minecraft - As an Adult

Saturday, November 04, 2017

I am a mom. I also love games! I really enjoy getting in to technology and electronic stuff. Soooo... when the kids started talking about a certain game (Minecraft) I did check in to it some to make sure it wasn't some terrible game hiding an agenda. Once I saw that it was really a computer version of Lego's I was all for it! I tested the game out myself first (a complete fail of attempting to beat off a silly green zombie with a stick) and than gave the account to the kids to share. I love watching the kids build new things! They are amazing!! Even on the tablets the kids can build fantastic things like... OH... Like this video! You have to check out this video.



Isn't that just amazing? They are so proud of what they build and I am shocked. After realizing what this game can do though... there is just so much potential! Yes, playing is great but can't we also do problem solving? History? And so much more? Plus wouldn't it be more fun to play WITH them? I thought it would be.

After about a year of the kids sharing an account it came to our attention that there is a wide world of online Minecraft out there. Now that can be scary because it is the wide open internet and it can be a ton of fun because there are so many people to meet from all over! Once I saw all the games and fun and social aspect and cooperation and play and play and play of Minecraft through the online world, I wanted in on the fun. I also wanted in to be a protective force in the background for my kids too. I have a lot more online world experience and I know how rough it can be at times.

Getting started in this new land of Minecraft takes some getting used to. The controls are simple but sometimes quicker or slower than I anticipate. Heehehe... Which results in much failing. Some days I have been known to "rage quit". A game just isn't worth that much frustration to me. Sometimes I push through and prevail. I have to adult a lot so I don't get as much time to "play" as I would like. I also doubt I will ever be as good at the game as my kids. I am just happy to be along for the ride. And amazingly enough my kids love to have me there with them.

It works for us! Now... to get that perfect balance of play and adulting worked out. PHEW! That is so hard... I want to play!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha