Homemade Oatmeal

Monday, July 23, 2012

This is my go-to breakfast recipe. When we are in a hurry or just want something filling in the morning, I whip up a batch of this oatmeal. It’s versatile and incredibly tasty! Everyone loves it!
Gather the yumminess!
Oatmeal
Oatmeal, Brown Sugar (we use pure cane sugar now), Milk (Vanilla milk adds great flavor), Honey, Agave (still researching this products “healthiness”; make the best decision for your family) and Cinnamon. Lots of Cinnamon! We like sweet oatmeal!
Oatmeal1
Put your oatmeal in a pan. I use a smaller pan because it cooks fast so the small pan makes a faster cleanup. Hehe…
Oatmeal2
No special order in adding your goodies to your pan, but I like to put the dry ingredients in first, followed by the gooey ones and finally the water and milk to make it all “melt” together. The kids like to watch the goo too. Maybe that makes it more appealing? Breakfast goo…
Oatmeal3
And the final product! Cover it with fresh fruits and nuts. We LOVE blueberries and pecans on ours. Especially when I use Blueberry Honey! SOOO good! Enjoy it while it’s warm but we have found it does reheat well.

My Own Oatmeal 3 Cups Oatmeal (NOT quick oats)
1/4 C Brown Sugar (well packed to make a nice sand castle look)
1 Tsp Cinnamon (and maybe a bit more…)
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Agave
1 1/2 C Water
1 C Milk

This feeds me and all four kids but when Hubby eats with us, I add another cup of oatmeal and a bit more of each ingredient to keep it the same consistency. I really haven’t found a way to ruin oatmeal yet except for overcooking or using Quick Oats. Don’t use Quick Oats… the texture is weird!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha