Meals on the Go

Monday, January 30, 2012


Meal planning is not going so well this year. Actually, when I started back up with a job working outside the home meal plan basically stopped. It wasn’t a good combination of being so busy and not having a plan. Not good at all!

At any rate, meals need to be fast around here. I have not had a really good time planning but I’m getting back to it. My list for meal planning looks more like this:

MPMJan2012
But it’s a start, right? And the most important thing is that the meals need to be able to do this:

MPMJan2012a
This meal here was meatloaf, tater tots and cheesy broccoli. Not the usual meatloaf side dishes, but they are FAST!

See, I’m on my own and with practices, piano lessons and other kid activities on the “wrong” side of town I have to take meals with us ad camp out at my parents house to eat. Just planning a meal that can be prepped like this is a challenge in itself! I’m getting there though!

So looking forward to getting my little spinning-out-of-control world back in order. That will happen someday again right?

While I wait though, do you have any great meals
that can travel like this?

Super FAST Meatloaf:
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 c oatmeal (or maybe a little more depending on your desire of texture)
1 egg

Mix everything together in a large bowl (I used my hands... UGH!) and place in greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-40 min depending on your oven and thickness of your loaf.

The kids love this kind because it's basically a big hamburger without the bread. Hahaha!

Check out MORE great Meal Plan ideas at: I'm an Organizing Junkie - orgjunkie.com.



1 comments:

Tmuffin said...

Stopping by from Menu Plan Monday...

You sound so busy! But it does help to menu plan, even if it's just to get the ideas in your brain onto paper so you don't forget.

You know, I inherited a glass baking dish with an insulated carrying case. That thing is awesome because if I start a meal in the oven at home but run out of time, I can throw it in there and bring it wherever I'm going.

What about crock pot sandwiches? You can cook the meat and shred it on a sunday, and then just bring the fixins with you during the week. Also, salads are a great option, of course! Grill meat on a Sunday...or just use canned salmon or tuna? And you can make a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs in advance and use them on salads, to make egg salad sandwiches, or just eat them for snacks!

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha