Getting Out of Bed

Monday, April 12, 2010


Does your little one NOT stay in bed? Is it just a phase?! ERGH!

We have little ones who refuses to go to sleep when we want them to. They find every available excuse thought up by small children to get out to bed. ALL THE TIME! Well... this latest one was such a doozy that I'm afraid our discipline (lack there of) action is not helping the situation at all.

(Set the scene) Hubbie and I are quietly watching TV downstairs. Sigh... peaceful night! A cry from upstairs disrupts our moment with the time vacuum.

"What is going on up there?"

A little voice responds, "I need to tell you something."

We both look at each other and roll our eyes. This little one ALWAYS has something to tell us. What is said never usually amounts to much more than us busting up in laughter. So we indicate that we will hear out this latest story and little one scoots downstairs. Walking over to Daddy's chair our little one (totally straight faced mind you) says, "this bear be in my bed."

Daddy is already having problems keeping snickers at bay so I pick up the conversation from there. "Ok, and how is that a problem honey?"

"Well, it's Bug's bear."

"Can you just put it in Bug's bed than?"

"Yeah."

"Good night honey."

"G'night!"

And that was the end of that conversation. We, amazingly enough, didn't hear anymore out 'em that night.

So do you think they should just get up, take care of their business and they will go back to bed? Or should there be a strict ordinance that once they are in bed, they stay there.



2 comments:

Courtney said...

I could have written the same post. Our boys do not stay in bed no matter how hard we try! We inevitably wake up with one of them in our bed every morning and we are not sure how they got there!

Kathryn said...

"I used to tell my parents the SAME THING! I didn't wanna have kiddos because of my fear. Well... I've had 4 kiddos now and I can say I am more scared of the little, bitty IV needle instead of full blown labor. Hehe... Pathetic? Yah...

You will just know what to do when the time comes. You will also be incredibly surprised how much you can handle when the time comes. Most importantly, you will completely forget any horror you may have had to endure to get your new little love into the world as soon as you look at them. Enjoy your pregnancy for now and let the delivery come when it comes. You will do great!"

Thanks for the comment! haha I am glad I am not the only one! Haha I am scared of the needles too, absolutely hate them! Thanks for encouragement though, hopefully it will go fine. I read your birth story that you posted in Feb. of this year, and it sounded kind of crazy haha, but glad it went well for you!

Super cute blog by the way! :)

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha