Minecraft Homeschool History - Let's Learn Together...

Sunday, October 22, 2017

We have started on an amazing Minecraft adventure together as a family. I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my kids in video games! Is that weird? I've always enjoy video games myself though and now to be able to play with my kids and learn things together has been so much fun!! Maybe they just find it fun because I have an issue with staying alive in the games... or using maps... or crafting things... or... well... Ok. The game is HARD for me sometimes. But I don't mind. I can teach them by example to keep trying until you get something you want or when it is a good time to quit a game because it is not worth your sanity.

At any rate, learning history with my kids in the Minecraft game is a blast! I have found these amazing adventure maps and just LOVE them. The kids and I are making a series of it on our new YouTube channel now. The adventure map we are working through right now is The Great Fire of London 1666. So much of it can be applied to the Chicago Fire of 1871 and other tragic events. We get library books, compare the events, think of strategies to prevent more events and more. The kids are learning and we are playing together. It's win-win-win to me!

Now, for our channel we are not discussing every aspect of our learning that is going on in the background, but it's there. I did include links in our video description to where you can visit the London Museum website and take a virtual tour of the museum exhibit. They also have an amazing resource for learning more about the fire and another game with the Minecraft Adventure maps downloads too. It is amazing! You should definitely try it out with your kids.

Here's the first video of our London Fire adventure together:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha