I thought I broke me...

Sunday, September 01, 2013

First off, let me just say... Today hurt!

I have not been resting well due to 3 sick kiddos and all the sudden I decide that I need to get out and do some training for Race for Peace. Not just any training either, I have to step it up a notch. What?! So the remainder of the evening found me huddled on the sofa under blankets, cuddling ice packs. Ha! Great training right? I am not ready for this race. I will complete it though. I am just not physically ready.

Something that has been weighing on me is that physically ready or not, this race is coming and I will be in it. I stumbled across a verse earlier about finishing the race that you start. It was an amazing slap in the face and boot in the rump to get going. I think it was why I felt I really needed to get going?
"Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means."2 Cor 8:11
There's more BEFORE this verse too. A lot more than I cared to read at the time but it's true. I started this, I must and will finish it. Not for me though. I do not like walking just to walk and after today I really, REALLY don't like running. I will finish this race for peace.

We are still raising funds to reach our goal as well. The kids are amazing! They are creating things left and right to be sold, auctioned, etc to reach our goal. I am so proud of these kids! You can see more information about our fundraising, goals and donation gifts on our Fundeasy Page.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can leave a comment. Comments are fun!
If you do not have a google account, use the Name/URL for leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

PS - I do not use Captcha

Related Posts with Thumbnails